Please read this before booking a model
Hired Hands Models Ltd is a regulated model agency and is restricted by the 1973 Employment Agency Act including amendments. Hired Hands Models charges no fees to models in anyway whatsoever
- Booking Confirmation. All bookings must be confirmed prior to a job. Failure to do this may result in the booking being cancelled without further notice.
- All fees are to be negotiated with Hired Hands Models Agency and only with the Agency.
- Models introduced by the Agency to a Client or his agent must be booked through the Agency unless the model has resigned from the Agency.
- Fees. The normal minimum booking is two hours. A day’s work is eight hours and includes a lunch break. Normal rates apply to bookings between 9am and 6pm. Run-on rates must be agreed and confirmed prior to a shoot.
- Use of Images. The proposed initial media, territory and period of usage of the images must be negotiated and confirmed prior to the booking. Usage fees are either included in the shoot fee or may be itemised separately. It is the Client’s responsibility to notify the Agency and negotiate additional fees (including extensions of existing agreements) for any usage which may be required or anticipated subsequent to the time of booking. In the event that this does not happen, the Agency reserves the right to invoice the Client at a rate that it deems reasonable.
- Exclusivity. A special fee will be negotiated when the Assignment is for a product or service for which the Client requires that the agreement precludes the model working for competing products or services. It is the Client's responsibility to check whether conflicting work has been done.
- Weekend and Bank Holiday rates must be negotiates separately, prior to a booking.
- Travel Time and Expenses. For models travelling to and / or from an assignment on the same day as the assignment, travel will be charged at half the hourly rate for the duration of the journey time for all assignments outside of a five-mile radius of Hyde Park Corner. For assignments requiring that a model travel to and / or from the assignment on the day preceding or after the assignment, travel will be charged at one half of the normal daily rate for a whole or part day of travel. Reasonable expenses incurred by a model in fulfilling an assignment will be added at cost to the invoice.
- Fittings. Fees for fittings are charged at half the hourly rate with a minimum of £50 per hour.
- Meals. It is the Client's responsibility to provide meals to models where the booking is for a full day or for part of a day where this would normally include a lunch break.
- Mixed Agency bookings. In the event that model(s) from another agency are working on the same assignment providing the same services as model(s) from the Agency but at a higher fee, the Agency reserves the right to charge at an identical rate.
- VAT. VAT will be added as appropriate to all fees in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom.
- Equity TV Commercials. A day’s work is ten hours and includes a one hour meal break. A half day booking is five hours and the start time must not be later than 2pm. Overtime is charged at a fifth of the daily rate per hour until Midnight. After Midnight, the overtime rate doubles.
- Fees. The Agency will invoice all fees. The model disbursement is included in the invoice total. The fee negotiated is the model’s fee from which agency commission will be deducted at 25% - 37.5% depending on the work undertaken (excluding travel expenses if relevant.)
- Payment on all invoices is required within 30 days of date of invoice. In all cases the person booking the model will be invoiced and solely responsible for payment unless otherwise agreed at the time of booking. No use of images is permitted unless and until all relevant fees have been paid.
- Provisional bookings will be automatically cancelled if they are not confirmed within 24 hours of the proposed booking or if a definite booking is offered and the provisional booking cannot be confirmed.
- Cancellation fees will be due if an assignment is cancelled by the Client. If a booking is cancelled within one working day of the starting time the full fee is charged, unless the same model is re-booked within 24 hours in which case half the fee will be charged. If a booking is cancelled outside the one day period but within two working days of the starting time, then half the fee will be charged.
- If a booking is cancelled because of illness or some other reason beyond the model’s or Agent’s control, neither the Agency nor the model shall not be liable for cancellation charges.
- Weather-Permitting Bookings. At the first cancellation, a half-fee is charged unless the Client fails to cancel in time to prevent the model’s attendance, when the full fee is payable. At the second cancellation the full fee is charged.
- The photographer is not entitled to use any of the images he or she takes for any usage other than his or her personal portfolio beyond that agreed and paid for through the Agency. The photographer to this extent agrees to restrict use of his copyright and, if the Agency Client is not the photographer, the Client is to draw these terms and conditions to the attention of the photographer and obtain his/her agreement before the shoot commences.
- A photographer is not entitled to use test and experimental photographs for commercial purposes of any kind.
- Any cause for complaint should be reported immediately it arises. Complaints will not be considered in retrospect.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is made to provide satisfactory and efficient service to all Clients the Agency cannot be held responsible for a model’s conduct nor for any costs incurred by a model's lateness or non-appearance at an assignment.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are in place on all assignments and to carry out a risk assessment. The client is responsible for the model’s safety in every aspect including the location, equipment and work conditions.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to arrange insurance of all kinds for an assignment. This includes personal and third party liability insurance at an assignment and indemnity in the event that a model is unable to attend for whatever reason.
- It is an integral part of a booking agreement that the Client will make every effort to provide a copy in reasonable format of the finished work of the assignment.
- The Agency reserves the right to negotiate within the structure of these Terms and Conditions without prejudice to any prior or subsequent negotiation or agreement.