Hired Hands Models Limited - Covid-19 Bookings Policy
Hired Hands Models took a bit of a hiatus due to the Covid-19 pandemic, essentially closing the office when the UK went into lockdown on 23rd March. We felt at the time that it was best to prioritise the safety of our models and do our civic duty in supporting the national drive to stay at home.
Now that the UK Government has started to ease lockdown restrictions, allow groups of individuals to meet socially and are actively encouraging the UK to get back to work, we are now open to new bookings again on a case by case basis.
In addition to our standard terms and conditions, we require the following safety criteria to be met for us to accept a booking;
1) As the UK Government have advised that public transport be avoided when travelling to work to reduce the risk of contagion, car parking or taxi fare must be provided for the models to and from set safely. Any costs would be in addition to the day rate of the talent and not included within their fee.
2) PPE must be purchased and made available to all talent, with face masks, face guards and gloves for hands not in use being essential.
3) Hand washing facilities must be available and stocked with appropriate anti-bacterial soaps for all talent, with hand sanitiser also encouraged.
4) Social distancing must be maintained at all times by everyone on set and the talent cannot make physical contact with one another or with any other crew, with the exception of hair, make up or nail artists.
5) Where hair, make up or nail artists are present on set, they must have completed Covid-19 Barbicide Certification, or must be able to provide an alternative infection control strategy to ensure safety when carrying out their duties on set.
6) If catering is not provided on set for the models / manicurists working a full day, then either a per diem of £15 per individual must be allocated, or the allowance for individuals to order in food to be expensed with the final invoice, providing receipts are provided. An adequate break from shooting must be given to the models / manicurists for lunch also.
7) Water must be provided to models – either through the purchase of bottled water or access to drinking water stations – on set.
8) The booking party must provide their full Covid-19 control strategy in advance of the job for this to be shared with the talent before acceptance of booking confirmation. We would also recommend that all individuals on set complete a Covid-19 Health Declaration in advance of the shoot, to ensure that no one involved could potentially be putting crew at risk. We would recommend using the APA's Covid-19 Health Declaration Form as a template for creating a Health Declaration Form for your own shoot.
If all of the criteria above are met, then we will be more than happy to facilitate booking talent. However, acceptance of any booking will be at the model’s discretion that they are ultimately satisfied by the safety measures being put in place.
Please bear in mind that as per our standard terms and conditions, it is the Client’s responsibility to arrange insurance of all kinds for an assignment, including personal, third party liability insurance and indemnity in the event that a model is unable to attend for whatever reason.
Manicurists / Nail Care
At the time of writing this nail salons within the UK are closed, which means it is a little bit harder for our hand and feet models to maintain their hands. Please remember that our models are not nail technicians themselves, so not every model would be able to produce perfect professional nails to more technical briefs.
We would therefore recommend booking a manicurist if anything above ‘natural nails’ is required by the model on a shoot and, as per our conditions in the Models Booking section of our Covid-19 Policy, would require them to be Covid-19 Barbicide Certified – or must have an alternative infection control strategy in place.
Hired Hands Models do supply professional session manicurists and a number of them are Covid-19 Barbicide Certified, so please let us know if you require a nail technician for your shoot.
Office Hours / Service Disruption
As with everything, Covid-19 has changed working conditions for pretty much everyone and hopefully soon we will be able to fully return to our offices to deliver the responsive and timely service we have been providing to date.
At the present time however, we have taken the decision to relocate from our offices to our respective homes in order to ensure the safety of the team, which obviously comes at the cost of some of our usual efficiency being outside of a dedicated work space – which I hope you can all appreciate given the times we live in, as this is not business as usual for anyone.
If you find you cannot reach us on the office landline (0207 267 9212) please email us on email@example.com and will we endeavour to get back to you as soon as we possible within 24 hours at the absolute latest, but please bear with us as we navigate through these most uncertain times.
If any of the above is unclear or if you have further questions, please do drop us a line. Regardless, we look forward to hearing from you and hope that we can return to normality in the near future.
Chloe and Thomas